Kindergarten thru 6th Grade
Leah Starr, Principal
6201 E 17th St.
Kansas City, MO 64126
Building a positive, nurturing environment.
Trailwoods Elementary is committed to 21st-century teaching and learning as we strive to produce world-class leaders. We provide a strong and challenging curriculum with a particular emphasis on reading, science and math. We believe that every student has the ability to be a leader, and our school environment nurtures and supports their leadership abilities.
Trailwoods is proud to be the first Leader in Me school in the Kansas City Public School system. Leader in Me is aligned with best-in-class content and concepts practiced by global education thought-leaders. It provides a logical, sequential and balanced process to help schools proactively design the culture that reflects their vision of the ideal school. Trailwoods has been recognized as a Leader in Me Lighthouse School. Lighthouse distinctions are awarded to schools that achieve outstanding results in school and student outcomes, by implementing The Leader in Me process with fidelity.
Celebrating Blue Jay culture.
At Trailwoods Elementary, we celebrate all of our students from different backgrounds, countries, cultures and languages. As a part of Kansas City Public Schools, the safety, inclusion and well-being of our students is paramount to us, and we will ensure every student who walks through our doors is given an exceptional, equitable and culture-rich education.
Activities & programs include:
- Free Before & After School Care (K-6)
- Kickball Club
- Track & Field
- Book Club
- Play 360
Required Application Documents
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1, 2018)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)