Kindergarten thru 6th Grade
Kathleen Snipes, Principal
1320 E. 32nd Terrace
Kansas City, Missouri 64109
Providing activities and programs to inspire learning in every student.
At Faxon Elementary School, we love our students from kindergarten through sixth grade. We are very excited to have your child join us for kindergarten in the 2018-2019 school year!
Our goal is to help your student develop a life-long love of learning. We have a strong literacy focus and offer students the DJ’s Discovery Den, an oasis where students can discover books to peak their curiosity and encourage reading.
COMMUNITY PARTNERS ARE OUR KEY TO SUCCESS
Our goal is that all students feel safe, welcome and supported, ready to succeed each and every day. We can’t do it alone; our community partners are key to our students’ success.
Gen KC read to students, raise special program funding and help in the school however needed. Through a partnership with Scholastic, Faxon students receive new books to create their own home library. Partners in Learning volunteers join our students to share the love of reading and math each week.
As one of KCPS’ neighborhood schools, we offer a variety of different programs and services to help both the student and his/her family.
- Free Before & After School Care
- Free Breakfast & Lunch
- Mentoring Programs
- National Elementary Honor Society
- First Lego League Robotics Program K – 6
- Student Council
- Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts
- WIN for KC
- Girls on the Run
- Ultimate Frisbee
- KC Ballet
- Chess Club
Required Application Documents
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1, 2018)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)