Enrollment opens December 14 at 8 am
Central High School
9th thru 12th grade
Anthony Madry, Principal
Kansas City, Missouri 64128
7:20 a.m. – 2:20 p.m.
Encouraging positive student achievement.
As one of the most comprehensive, competitive education environments in the city, Central offers a state-of-the-art facility, a full range of high school sports, along with a comprehensive offering of extra-curricular activities.
The compassion and commitment demonstrated on a daily basis by Central Academy’s administration and its teachers stand out against its competition. New programs, additional activities and special events help students to find new ways to make their own success within our highly competitive global society.
Developing successful students.
Students ready to drive their own success have access to Pylons advanced classes, Early College Academy (ECA) and Manual Career Technical Center courses along with the Jobs for Americas Graduates (JAG) program.
Students ready to get a jump start on their future can attend ECA and earn both an associate’s degree and their high school diploma at the same time. Manual offers eight career and technical programs preparing students to enter a highly-educated workforce or get a jump on post-secondary education. The JAG program delivers consistent, compelling results – helping our young adults stay in school through graduation, pursue postsecondary education and secure quality entry-level jobs leading to career advancement opportunities.
The community is an important piece of Central’s overall puzzle. Through a highly experienced network of community partnerships and volunteers, students have the opportunities to learn about different careers and prepare for the future. Our partners commit their time, talents and efforts to raise academic achievement and help provide guidance and resources for the next step in a student’s professional journey.
We work with community professionals to visit classes and share with our students what they do and how they impact the community. Volunteers share their job experiences, interesting projects and what it takes to earn their degree and succeed in their industry.
Activities & programs include:
- National Honor Society
- Student Council
- High School Sports
- Girls Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Girls Soccer
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Swim Team
- Junior ROTC
- Band & Choir
- Debate & Speech
- FIRST Robotics Competition
- Mentoring Programs
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)