Enrollment opens December 14 at 8 am
East High School
9th thru 12th grade
Luis Hinojosa, Principal
1924 Van Brunt Blvd.
Kansas City, Missouri 64127
7:20 am – 2:20 pm
Providing meaningful educational opportunities.
East High school is proud to be a part of the east Kansas City community. With more than 40 languages and countries are represented, East is one of the largest and most diverse schools in Kansas City.
At East, we’re proud of our diversity and believe it is important for students to express their cultures in and outside of the classroom. In order to give our students a meaningful education, we partner with various community organizations including universities like University of Missouri – Kansas City and student development groups like 20/20 Leadership.
Developing successful students.
A well-rounded, 21st-century student starts with a combination of focused academics and a variety of complimentary student activities and organizations. East offers traditional high school courses, advanced placement and dual credit courses as well as Early College Academy (ECA) and Manual Career Technical Center.
East students ready to get a jump start on their future can attend ECA and earn both an associate’s degree and their high school diploma at the same time. Manual offers eight career and technical programs preparing students to enter a highly-educated workforce or get a jump on post-secondary education.
Students have opportunities to visit colleges, universities and other post-secondary institutions as well as participate in job shadowing and internships related to their career interests. In addition, East offers a wide variety of clubs and activities to choose from, including dance, national honor society, high school sports and newspaper.
College and career pathways.
In order to prepare students for life beyond high school, we have developed specific college and career pathways for students to succeed. During the 9th grade, students enroll in “Intro to Careers“ and begin developing their professional and academic skill sets. After 9th grade, students can take one of four pathways:
Life Science Academy – Students can choose areas of study in agriculture, animal science and health science.
Innovation Academy – Focused on technology and innovation areas such as computer science, engineering and construction technology.
Manual Career and Tech Center – Designed to prepare students for skilled trades and the professional world. Students can learn culinary arts, automotive, and construction.
Early College Academy – A dual-enrollment program where students can earn a college degree.
Activities & programs include:
- National Honor Society
- Student Council
- High School Sports
- Girls Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Swim Team
- Junior ROTC
- Bike Club
- Newspaper & Yearbook
- Culture Club
- Mentoring Programs
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)